Table of Contents (Show/Hide)
- 1. Nebulizer
- 2. Ultrasonic Diffuser
- 1. Timer
- 2. Auto shut off
- 3. Noise
- 4. Tank size
- 5. Price
- 6. Warranties and guarantees
- 1. Two Scents Nebulizer Diffuser
- 2. Organic Aromas Nebulizer Diffuser
- 3. URPOWER 400ml Ultrasonic Diffuser – Humidifier
- 4. URPOWER 500ml Ultrasonic Diffuser – Humidifier
- 5. TomCare 700ml Ultrasonic Diffuser – Humidifier
There is nothing more comforting than letting aromatic mist of lavender essential oil calm your senses. Aromatherapy truly offers countless health benefits to our body and mind.
Setting a professional aromatherapy session at your home is not difficult at all. Before only reserved for professionals, essential oil diffusers have now become accessible to each and every one of us.
Buying a right diffuser for a large room is definitely harder than setting an aromatherapy. Majority of diffusers available on the market today are intended for smaller bedrooms, kitchens, and offices. Not every unit is powerful enough to disperse the mist to all room corners. Some dispersion techniques are way better at covering bigger living areas than others.
For the convenience of every buyer, this article reviews best essential oil diffusers for large spaces currently available on the market. Our in-depth buyer’s guide will help you narrow down your selection pretty quickly.
Nebulizer Vs. Ultrasonic Diffuser
Over the years, people have developed a couple of different techniques of diffusing essential oils. Because of that, there are different types of diffusers available on the market today; and not every type is suitable for large spaces. Some produce a very light mist, while other release concentrated vapor that can reach remotest corners of the room.
Here are two best types of essential oil diffusers for large spaces:
Nebulizers are hands down the best type of essential oil diffuser. They break essential oils into fine airborne particles without the use of heat or water. The aromatherapy experience set by nebulizer is as pure and as raw as it gets. Essential oils are directly from the bottle dispersed into the air. The released mist is concentrated enough to cover up to 1000 square feet area.
Nebulizers work similarly as perfume atomizers. Air vacuums the essential oil from the attached bottle into the top of the tube. The continuous airflow then pushes nano-particles into the atmosphere. Without any heat or diluters, dispersed essential oil preserves its most valuable therapeutic effect that we can enjoy.
2. Ultrasonic Diffuser
Ultrasonic diffusers are almost as efficient and as powerful as nebulizers. They disperse a strong-enough mist to cover larger living areas. With the help of high-frequency ultrasonic vibrations, the water-oil blend within the reservoir is turned into tiny airborne particles. The water makes the released vapor less potent. As a result, the strength of some therapeutic effect may be slightly lowered.
Ultrasonic essential oil diffusers have gained massive popularity because of their quietness, safety, and easy maintenance. They are versatile little machines that can be set on different mist modes or used as humidifiers as well. They are available in different shapes and sizes, and their overall aesthetic fits every interior design theme.
|No heat or water required||Louder than ultrasonic||Operates quietly||Needs water|
|Concentrated mist||Uses more essential oil||More affordable||Citrus oils can cause corrosion|
|No interrupting lights||More expensive than ultrasonic||Can be used as humidifier||Mist is not as strong|
|Can cover up to 1000 sq ft||May not have any special settings||Requires only a couple of drops of essential oil||Some have lights that cannot be turned off|
|Some are made of quality wood and glass||Parts made of glass are fragile||Offers mist settings||Usually cover up to 400 sq ft|
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for in a Diffuser
Here are some of the features you should look out for when buying essential oil diffuser for large spaces:
Every diffuser for large rooms should have a timer which will let you predetermine the length of your aromatherapy. Ultrasonic diffusers usually have a timer that can be set for 1 hour, 2 hours and 3 hours.
Some advanced models even offer 6 to 8-hour run, which is great for overnight aromatherapy sessions. Nebulizers, on the other hand, can be set to run for a couple of minutes, usually 15 minutes each hour. Such intermittent setting will help you save your essential oil.
2. Auto shut off
It is important that you look for auto shut off feature in your diffuser. The last thing you want is your diffuser still running after the tank has been emptied. This feature will allow you to fall asleep in presence of lavender mist without a single worry.
Noise is an often overlooked feature that can either make or break your aromatherapy experience. Loud diffusers are not suitable for bedrooms. Even if you intend on keeping your diffuser in a living room, the emitted noises will most likely annoy you.
Having a quiet unit is always preferable. Since the loudness of the motor cannot be checked in online stores, it is best if you look at the reviews and see if there are any complaints about the matter.
4. Tank size
When setting nebulizer, you only have to attach the essential oil bottle in the right place or add a couple of drops in the intended compartment. Ultrasonic diffusers, on the other hand, have specific tank intended for water and essential oil blend.
These water tanks vary in size, usually from 100ml to 300ml and more. You may want to consider buying a diffuser with larger capacity, so you do not have to refill the tank as frequently. It is recommended to purchase a model with an at least 400ml reservoir.
Price of essential oil diffusers varies based on their type, brand, and features. Nebulizers are usually more expensive than ultrasonic diffusers. You can find your ultrasonic diffuser bellow $20 while the price of nebulizers usually starts at $50.
If your budget does not allow you a big splurge, it is best if you compare prices. It is possible to find a quality diffuser at a low price especially if you have a promo code.
6. Warranties and guarantees
The price is not the only thing you should be looking at. Warranty is just as important. The majority of companies offer one year warranty. It is also recommended to purchase a diffuser with a money-back guarantee, especially if you are buying online. You never know what you are going to get in the mail. You will get a full refund in case you are not satisfied with the product.
7 Best Essential Oil Diffusers for Large Spaces
|Diffuser Name||Space Coverage||Max. Run Time||Time Settings||Rating||Price|
|1. Two Scent Nebulizer||650+ sq ft||20-50 hours||4||4.3 / 5||$ 75.27|
|2. Organic Aromas Nebulizer||700+ sq ft||2 hours||1||4.4 / 5||$ 99.00|
|3. URPOWER 400ml Ultrasonic Diffuser||225+ sq ft||10-15 hours||4||4.7 / 5||$ 35.99|
|4. URPOWER 500ml Ultrasonic Diffuser||430 sq ft||Up to 10 hours||4||4.6 / 5||$ 23.99|
|5. TomCare 700ml Ultrasonic Diffuser||500+ sq ft||20+ hours||4||4.6 / 5||$ 27.99|
Two Scents nebulizer is a portable and rechargeable little machine that can make your aromatherapy experience much more convenient. You can use it in your home, office or take it on the go in your car. Without the use of heat or water, the unit will preserve therapeutic effects of your favorite essential oils.
- Wireless and portable: Two Scent nebulizer lasts approximately 20 to 50 hours when fully charged. You won’t need to worry about hiding the cables or finding the nearest power outlet to your nightstand. When charged, the unit can be placed anywhere in the home or even taken on the go. The diffuser comes with a micro USB charger and wall outlet.
- Leak free: Since the use of water is not required, the risk of spillage is automatically lowered. On top of that, the unit automatically stops the diffusion once it is tilted. This feature prevents essential oil from spilling.
- Essential oil bottle: The device fits 10ml essential oil bottle that needs to be twisted in its place. Although the unit fits almost all bottle heads, it still comes with two reusable 10ml bottles for a guaranteed fit.
- Timer and settings: You can set the timer for 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, or on the continuous mode. The diffuser offers three intensity mist dispersions levels: low, medium and high. It diffuses for 30 seconds when on low, for 60 seconds when on medium, and 90 seconds when on high. The unit stays off for 120 seconds in between each misting.
|Includes 2 reusable 10 ml essential oil bottles.||May be louder than advertised.|
|Comes with USB AC adapter and Micro USB cord.|
|20 – 50 hour run time when fully charged|
|Timer: 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours or continuous|
|Intensity levels: low, medium and high|
|Rechargeable and portable|
|Covers 650+ sq ft|
|30 day money back guarantee|
|6 month manufacturer warranty|
Organic Aromas Nebulizer has a beautiful classic look that fits any interior style. Its diffusion mechanism is just as impressive as its exterior made of natural materials. The nebulizer does not require water or heat to work properly. The released essential mist floating in your room will be as pure and as raw as it gets.
- Material: The base of the nebulizer is made of lacquered hardwood. On top of the base is installed hand-blown glass reservoir that changes colors when the LED light is turned on. The device is not made of plastic, so you won’t need to worry about BPA and other toxins. Overall, the whole unit is approximately 5 inches wide and 9 inches tall.
- Timer and settings: The nebulizer is programmed to diffuse for 2 minutes and be off for 1 minute. The whole intermittent operating cycle lasts for 2 hours. After the cycle is over, the unit automatically shuts off. The device has an installed color-changing LED that can be turned off as well. The whole device works on 110 – 220 V electric system.
- Warranty and guarantee: This nebulizer is quite fragile since the top is made of glass. It is always good to have a warranty when accidents happen. Fortunately, Organic Aromas offers a one-year free warranty on parts and service. If you ever accidentally break any part, contact the manufacturer directly.
|Classic appearance||No return policy|
|Made of quality hardwood and glass.||Essential oil drips may stain wood.|
|Rainbow-carousel LED light with touch sensor light switch||Has one timer option.|
|2 hour intermittent cycle; on for 2 minutes off for 1 minute|
|Auto shut off|
|One year free parts and service warranty|
URPOWER Ultrasonic Diffuser with classic wood grain pattern can be a great new addition to your large living room. This diffuser is not only recognizable by its shape that resembles closed rose but also by its powerful diffusion with the output of 30 to 80 ml per hour.
- Water tank: Large 400 ml water tank can sustain a run time from 10 to 15 hours. The output of 30-80 ml per hour fits 15×15 ft large rooms. Simply fill the tank with water below the maximum line, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to it, turn on the device and go about your day. The diffuser will turn off automatically when the tank is emptied.
- Timer and mist control: The URPOWER diffuser offers 4 timer settings. You can set the timer for 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, or in continuous mode. Continuous mode is great for overnight aromatherapy. You can tweak the mist intensity to your liking as well. You can set the mist on strong or weak mode.
- LED light: This diffuser has a soothing 7-color LED light. You can dim and brighten the light, or set it on one color or on continuous color-changing cycle. If you do not want to be visually disturbed when enjoying aromatherapy, turn it off by holding the button for 3 seconds.
|400 ml large water tank||Warranty not specified on their website.|
|30-80 ml per hour output||It beeps when it turns off.|
|Timer: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours or continuous||Does not humidify enough.|
|Strong or weak mist setting|
|7-color LED light that can be turned off.|
|Auto shut off|
|2.4MHz working frequency|
|Includes a charger and a water measuring cup.|
URPOWER ultrasonic diffuser is a versatile little device that can be used as an essential oil diffuser, humidifier and night light. The unit produces a high-frequency vibration that disperses micro-particles of water-oil blend into the air. Its large 500ml tank is suitable for large living areas.
- Technology: URPOWER ultrasonic diffuser produces 2.4 million vibrations per second. Such high frequency successfully breaks essential oils and water into fine mist without the use of heat. The released mist is strong enough to cover 430 sq ft space. If used as humidifier it can cover about 269 sq ft.
- Water tank and timer: 500 ml water reservoir is suitable for large spaces and for long aromatherapy sessions. A full tank can give you up to 10 hours of continuous diffusion. You can set the timer for 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, or continuous ON mode. When the tank is emptied the diffuser turns off automatically.
- LED light: The diffuser has a 7-color LED light. The light is turned on by simply pressing “light” button. The colors change automatically, but you can press the button again to fix the color in place. The light is turned off by holding the button for a second.
|Diffuser, humidifier and night light||May not be as quiet as advertised.|
|Timer: 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours or ON mode||Not a big difference between high and low mist setting.|
|7- color LED light that can be turned off.||Warranty not specified on their website.|
|Can be set on high or low spray intensity.|
|500 ml water tank|
|Covers 430 sq ft|
|2.4 MHz ultrasonic frequency|
|Auto shut off|
|Includes 1 adaptor and a water measuring cup.|
The contemporary square look of TomCare ultrasonic diffuser fits every home beautifully. The diffusion power and 700ml water tank capacity make the whole device suitable for large living areas and offices. Regardless of its impressive capabilities, the unit still works quietly.
- Water tank: TomCare diffuser carries 700ml tank which ensures 20+ hours long operating in low mist mode. When the tank empties, the unit automatically shuts off to ensure safety. Long running time and auto shut off feature are great for bed-time aromatherapies. You won’t need to wake up in the middle of the night to turn the diffuser off.
- Timer: With the help of timer you can pre-determine how long you want your sessions to be. This particular model has 4 timers setting. You can set the timer for 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, or on continuous ON mode.
- Low-High mist mode: The diffuser offers low and high mist control settings. When set on low, diffuser can run for 20+ hours and when on high mode it can run more than 10 hours. The mist output on low setting is 30-45ml per hour and on high setting about 40-70ml per hour. The mist output makes the diffuser appropriate for large living areas.
- LED Light: A 7-color LED light helps create a soothing and calming ambiance. You can cycle through 7 different colors or freeze the light on one fixed color. The intensity of the light can be adjusted with bright and dimmed setting. And if you do not like any disturbances while enjoying aromatherapy, you can turn off the light completely by holding the button for 3 seconds.
|700ml water tank||Few complaints about water leakage.|
|High and low mist mode||May not be as quiet as advertised.|
|20+ hours long running time on low mist mode||Warranty not specified.|
|7-color LED light that can be turned off.|
|40-70ml mist output on low mist mode|
|Timer: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours or ON mode|
|Auto shut off|
Aromatherapy provides countless health benefits to our body. Soothing essential oil vapor can help you improve your immunity, cognitive function, relieve stress and anxiety or treat depression and sleeplessness. These are just some of the reasons why it is recommended to have at least one diffuser in your home.
If you are struggling to find the right diffuser for your large room, simply follow our buyer’s guide and pay close attention to features such as water tank capacity, mist output and coverage in sq ft. These details will quickly help you narrow down your selection, and soon enough you will be enjoying the calming mist of your favorite essential oils.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links or from our sponsors or advertising partners who we take great care to select. We’re letting you know because it’s the right thing to do. Please see our full affiliate disclosure for more.
No Medical Advice
IMPORTANT: We wrote this article to be helpful with educational and informational purposes only. The information in this article is not meant to convey medical advice and does not constitute the practice of medicine. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, qualified medical advice from a professional. See our full medical disclosure for more.