Table of Contents (Show/Hide)
- The Best Essential Oils For Getting Started
- Top 15 Popular Essential Oils
- Best Essential Oils For Different Uses
- Essential Oil Quality & Essential Oil Brand Considerations
- Guide To How to Use Essential Oils
- Final Thoughts
<Article intro 2-4 paragraphs>
The Best Essential Oils For Getting Started
Getting Started in essential oils can be confusing without the right guide to introduce you.
<Expand Section intro to 1-2 paragraphs>
Here are the best essential oils we recommend for getting started (and why):
Top 15 Popular Essential Oils
Essential oil popularity happens in cycles (like popular food dishes).
<Expand Section intro to a full paragraph. Make Sure People know the main link here to the expanded article on this topic is: /most-popular-essential-oils-and-health-benefits/>
Specific oils will trend up or down, peak in popularity and decline. Here are the top 15 popular oils for 2018:
- Tea Tree—
Best Essential Oils For Different Uses
<Section Intro (1-3 paragraphs)>
- Best Essential Oils for Burns
- Best Essential Oils for Snoring
- Best Essential Oils for Treating Anxiety
- Best Essential Oils for Headaches
- Best Essential Oils for Healthy Hair and Scalp
- Best Essential Oils for Skin Health
- Best Essential Oils for Sleep
- Best Safe Essential Oils for Babies and Children
- Best Essential Oils for Nerve Pain
- Best Essential Oils for Cold Sores
- Best Essential Oils for Laundry Use
- Best Essential Oils for Scars
- Best Essential Oils for Winter
- Best Essential Oils for Nail Strengthening
- Best Essential Oils for Boosting the Immune System
- Best Essential Oils for Jet Lag
- Best Essential Oils for Vertigo
- Best Essential Oils for Bruises
- Best Essential Oils for Aging Skin
- Best Essential Oils for Natural Energy
- Best Essential Oils for Dandruff
- Refresh Your Kitchen Using Essential Oils
Essential Oil Quality & Essential Oil Brand Considerations
<Intro to Section (1-2 paragraphs). Make sure it’s clear the main link to the Expanded article on this topic is /best-essential-oil-brands/>
1. Quality of Essential Oils
There currently is no quality control for essential oils in the United States. Be sure you find a reputable supplier that sells only high-quality essential oils, especially for health-related use. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not have authority over essential oil products. So be cautious whether you purchase online or from a health food store. Research, compare, and you will conclude based upon the facts you have discovered. Read labels and ask your pharmacist, who is very knowledgeable.
Cost is an important factor when you are buying essential oils. Pure essential oils are very expensive! This is due to the costly extraction processes involved for production.
3. Bottling and Storing
Essential oils should be bottled in brown glass bottles. If sold in clear glass bottles, or plastic bottles, be suspicious because they are not pure oil. Do not buy bottles with rubber eyedropper-type bulbs on top. They will probably be impure. Do not buy aluminum bottles. Look for free samples from suppliers and try out the oils before buying them. See if they are pure or have additives. Be sure the bottles are well sealed when they arrive. Do not open the bottles; send them back for a refund or a new bottle with your explanation for you. If the brown glass bottles are okay, put them in a cool dry place.
Labels must give the plant’s botanical name, common name, and show that that the essential oil is 100% pure. The origin of the oil extracts must be mentioned on the bottle’s label. Observe label names showing “fragrance oil,” “perfumed oil,” or “nature’s identical oil.” These are inferior. Locate vendors who provide detailed information on their labels as to the variety of essential oils, and certification of the distilling/purifying methods used.
5. Suppliers or Companies
When you are thinking of purchasing essential oils, research and evaluate the reputation of the supplier, and their knowledge in this discipline. Determine if they are a wholesaler or a retailer. If they are a wholesaler, their prices will be less expensive, since they are not involved with an intermediary. Use our guide here to help you select the best essential oil brands and to learn more about the suppliers or companies selling essential oils.
Guide To How to Use Essential Oils
<Intro to Section (1-2 paragraphs). Make sure it’s clear the main link to the Expanded article on this topic is /how-to-use-essential-oils/>
<Article Conclusion 2-3 paragraphs>
Some of the links in this post may be from our sponsors or advertising partners who we take great care to select. We’re letting you know because it’s the right thing to do.
No Medical Advice
IMPORTANT: We wrote this article to be helpful with educational and informational purposes only. The information in this article is not meant to convey medical advice and does not constitute the practice of medicine. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, qualified medical advice from a professional. See our full medical disclosure for more.